Many businesses are struggling to generate sufficient traffic to their websites. Social media algorithms are constantly changing, and everyone is sharing more content with a variance in quality. So, how do you break through the noise and use social media effectively to get quality traffic to your website and generate more leads for your business? If you're a small business owner, your time is limited and you and your team need a tight social media strategy that blends well with your overall marketing plan to include paid social media placements. Below are 5 ways to strategically use social media to amplify your content no matter your industry.
1. Identify partners and establish relationships to cross promote your business. Start a social share partnership and find companies that are non competitive within your industry where cross promotion will add value to both brands. For instance, if you're a resume writing company, partner with a company like HerAgenda, a brand which focuses on inspiring career driven women with tips, interviews and strategies on navigating their careers.
2. Promote your e-blast and newsletter sign up pages. When using social media to drive sales for your business, the most important piece of digital currency is an email address. Its the first thing someone will hand over to you prior to their credit or debit card. Capture it early and get people into your marketing funnel. Not too long ago, the popular gossip site The Shade Room saw their Facebook page with over 1 million fans suddenly deleted. Be sure your social media efforts are leading to your actual owned entities. Consider creating and using lead magnets like ebooks and newsletters. If your just starting out, a simple "contact us" form will do.
3. Engage your customers. Speak with your audience regularly on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or wherever your audience lives. Share your company culture in images on Instagram, gain influence and thought leadership by sharing your thoughts and expertise on LinkedIn Pulse or Periscope. You may want to host your own show on Blab. Each of these social media sites can help you improve your organic search ranking, and your brand will begin to establish a regular social media presence.
4. Promote your social media accounts. Use publishing tools like Hootesuite or Buffer to pre-schedule messaging promoting your other social media channels and campaigns. For instance, if you're a travel company, on the 15th of each month you can share a pre-scheduled tweet that says: "Follow us on Instagram for our #TravelHack q&a" or whatever cool social media campaign your business creates.
5. Target a posting frequency. Amplify your content whether its a written blog post, video interviews, or (how to) infographics and build a community. Focus on finding unique ways to stay top of mind. What holidays and events can your business leverage using social media? Any trends currently happening that blend well with your brand? Develop unique content that will make not only great social shares, but also lead people back to your website for more!
Check out this awesome infographic from Buffer on how often you should post to social media!
There you have it, five simple ways to amplify your content using social media starting today! If you've used any of these tips be sure to leave a comment and don't forget to follow me on Twitter.