Why I Can't Live Without My Essential Oils
Why I Can't Live Without Essential Oils +
5 Diffuser Recipes
I will never forget my introduction to the world of essential oils. When I was in high school my mother found a miracle oil. This oil was so powerful that it could disinfect your home better than bleach, heal cuts and bruises, serve as a natural deodorant and more. My mother's embracement of tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil took her on a natural healing journey using essential oils which she passed on to me. In fact, she continues to introduce me to new essential oils and ways to use them for everything from clearing acne scars to ensuring I have a restful nights sleep.
Below are some of my favorite essential oils and a couple of recipes I use as my GO-TO's! I currently have 3 diffusers in my home plus a travel diffuser I picked up at Marshall's a while back, this has been so helpful as I am known to travel with my diffuser. I love to set the tone and energy of my space, no matter where I land and my essential oils allow me to do just that and more! So, let's get into it.
1. Tea Tree Oil - I like this oil because it's really fresh and has a ton of uses. Tea tree oil is good for treating skin issues like eczema and rosacea. There have also been studies showing how effective tea tree oil can be on fighting bad breath and tooth decay when used as a mouthwash.
2. Rosemary - Rosemary essential oil is another staple of mine because it not only smells fragrant but has been known for its ability to improve memory and focus and it's also a great hair growth stimulant *I learned about this from my natural hair sisters on the YouTube Rosemary oil is also a great skin toner. (Another recent trip to Marshall's had me scoop up a Rose Water hydrating facial mist that I absolutely love!)
3. Peppermint - Known to reduce stress, improve digestion, provide headache relief and more! This is an essential oil that's a must-have. Peppermint essential oil is also useful around the house serving as a powerful cleaning agent.
4. Lemon - Bright, refreshing and just overall scrumptious. Lemon essential oil is like a miracle oil. Use lemon essential oil to clear toxins out your body, fight bacteria, whiten your teeth, and help with concentration.
5. Cinnamon - Repel flies, foot odor and ward of headaches with cinnamon essential oil. This oil is spicy and I personally love it. I love the smell and the fact that cinnamon essential oils blend well with a wide variety of other essential oils including lavendar, lemon and grapefruit.
6. Lavender - Some benefits of lavender oil include having a calming, relaxing effect. The oil is also known to help with restlessness, irritability, and panic attacks.
7. Grapefruit - As someone that has oily skin keeping it under control is paramount. Grapefruit essential oil helps this issue and has many other uses including reducing mental and physical fatigue. I blend this oil a lot in the afternoons when I start getting a little tired after lunch or after an intense meeting or work session.
Simple Essential Oil Diffuser Blends
Essential Oil Blends for Clarity
Tea Tree and Rosemary (*6 drops tea tree oil, 3 drops of rosemary)
Peppermint and Lemon (*4 drops peppermint, 4 drops lemon)
Essential Oil Blends for Relaxation
Lavender and Lemon (*4 drops lavender, 2 drops lemon)
Essential Oil Blends for Creativity
Grapefruit and Lemon (*4 drops grapefruit, 2 drops lemon)
Cinnamon, Lemon, and Rosemary (*2 drops cinnamon, 3 drops lemon, 2 drops rosemary)
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils
Apply to the Skin
The above bundle is all about herbs and essential oils. It covers everything from how to make essential oil rollerballs, backyard apothecary to creating a herbal first aid kit. If you want to dive deeper into the world of essentials oils and ultimately clean living then this bundle is a great place to start. It's worth over $400 and comes with videos, ebooks, recipes and more for less than $50.